Working with the right people will save you time, energy and money. To build a thriving wellness business that serves you and your clients, you need to make sure that you work with precisely the right people. Not doing that will mean a ton of wasted effort...for both you and them. It's one thing to know tribe selection is so important, but another to actually do it.
That's why I want to give you the tools to make sure you're working with the right people every time. Simply ask yourself these five easy questions:
- Are the people you want to work with already aware that they have a challenge they really, really WANT to solve? (A challenge you would be thrilled to help them resolve.)If not, and you find yourself convincing them of the importance of the service you provide, then you are either not communicating in a way that hits home for them or you’re simply talking to the wrong people.
- Are they willing to pay to solve this problem? If not, you can’t make a living.
- Are they easy to reach in groups (versus spread out all over...with one here and there)? If not, you won't have an ongoing, sustainable business.
- Does this group have a history of investing in similar services? If it’s incredibly unusual for this group of people to invest in themselves, you’ll have a very tough time enrolling people in your services.
- Do you really, really like this group of people? If not, you will go crazy!
All five of these characteristics must be in alignment in order for you to build a thriving wellness business that serves you and your clients.
You can't underestimate how important your tribe is. These tips will help you make sure the people you work with are correct...and that, in turn, will help your business prosper.
But, that is certainly not the only road to doing well. For more secrets (including specific ways to make yourself irresistibly relevant to your tribe and upgrade how you work, think and operate your wellness business, check out my newest book, Rockstars of Wellness. You'll discover real-life examples of wellness pros I’ve worked with who revamped their old ways of doing things, found their voice and authentic marketing style and discovered how to define success on their own terms.
Here's to your ongoing success and prosperity!
About the Author and WellProNet.com: Karin Witzig Rozell has been teaching health and wellness professionals how to grow their business since 2003. She started as a nutrition counselor who knew a lot about nutrition, but not a whole lot about business and marketing. After learning some tough lessons she cracked the code and now her passion is transforming practitioners into profitable business owners who have a great quality of life too.
She is the founder of Wellness Professional Network, the go-to place for practitioners to learn the real-life business skills they didn’t teach in wellness school.
Karin is the author of The Fast Start to Clients Program and the book: Rockstars of Wellness: Super Simple Ways to Stand Out, Get Hired and Become Irresistibly Relevant to Your Tribe.
Karin lives in Upstate New York, in the beautiful foothills of the Adirondacks, and enjoys working from home with her husband and son.